“CR-D” type glands are certified Flameproof Ex db, Increased Safety Ex eb, Restricted Breathing Ex nR and Dust Protected Ex ta. These glands are suitable for use in Zone 1 and 2 for Gas Groups IIA, IIB and IIC and additionally for use in Zones 20, 21 and 22 for Dust Groups IIIA, IIIB and IIIC. Additionally certified for Class I Zone 1 & Class 1 Div 2 installations for use with Marine Shipboard & Tray Cables under NEC & CEC.
They provide a controlled Ex d & IP displacement seal on the cable inner sheath minimising damage to cables that exhibit “cold flow” characteristics and “CROCLOCK®”, a unique non reversible multi clamping system for wire, braid and tape armored cables. The gland maintains IP66 & IP68 to 50 metres. It is supplied with an IP O-ring seal as standard on metric entry threads. Furthermore, options are available for use with lead sheath, LSOH cables and extreme temperature applications.
EN 60079-0, EN 60079-1, EN 60079-7, EN 60079-15, EN 60079-31 IEC 60079-0, IEC 60079-1, IEC 60079-7, IEC 60079-31 & IEC 60529 C22.2 (see certificate), CAN/CSA 60079-0/1/7 UL514B, UL1203, UL2225, UL50E, ANSI/UL 60079-0/7, ISA 60079-31
|ATEX||II 1D 2G Ex db IIC Gb / Ex eb IIC Gb / Ex ta IIIC Da
II 3G Ex nR IIC Gc
|IECEx||Ex db IIC Gb / Ex eb IIC Gb / Ex ta IIIC Da|
|CEC – Canada||Class I Division 2, Groups A, B, C & D
Class II Division 1, Groups E, F & G
Class III, Enclosure Type 4X
Class I Zone 1 Ex d IIC / Ex e II
|NEC – USA||Class II Division 1, Groups E, F & G
Class III, Enclosure Type 4X
Class I Zone 1 AEx e IIC Gb
Class II Zone 20 AEx ta IIIC Da
|EAC||PB Ex d I Mb / 1Ex d IIC Gb X / 1Ex e IIC Gb X / 2Ex nR IIC Gc X / Ex ta IIIC Da X|
|INMETRO – Brazil||Ex db IIC Gb / Ex eb IIC Gb / Ex ta IIIC Da / Ex nR IIC Gc|
|SAC – China||Ex d IIC Gb / Ex e IIC Gb|
|UKRAINE||Ex d IIC X / Ex e II X|
|CCoE – India||Ex d IIC Gb (Zone 1) / Ex e IIC Gb (Zone 2) / Ex nR IIC Gc (Zone 2)|
|KCS – Korea||Ex d IIC / Ex e IIC|
|ABS||Specified ABS Rules|
|LLOYD’S||Ex d IIC Gb / Ex e IIC Gb / Ex nR IIC Gc / Ex ta IIIC Da|
|RMRS||Ex d IC / Ex d IIC / Ex e IC / Ex e IIC / Ex ta IIIC / Ex tb IIIC|
|ATEX||BAS 01ATEX2271X & SIRA 09ATEX1221X|
|IECEx||IECEx SIR 07.0099X|
|CEC – Canada||CSA 1356011|
|NEC – USA||CSA 2627370|
|EAC||TC RU C-GB.BH02.B.00693-18|
|INMETRO – Brazil||NCC 13.2185 X|
|SAC – China||Nepsi GYJ16.1402X|
|UKRAINE||UA.TR.047.C.0408-13 & 2937|
|CCoE – India||PESO P365300/4 & P365300/10|
|KCS – Korea||15- GA4BO-0667X & 15-GA4BO-0668X|
|CR||Gland featuring “CROCLOCK®”, single orientation clamping|
|D||Inner Sheath Seal Only|
|1||Neoprene Seal (1) – Silicone Seal (3) – Neoprene/Lead (2) – Silicone/Lead (4)|
|B||Brass (B) – Stainless Steel (S)|
Options for compression cable glands:
|C||PVC Shroud (C) – PCP Shroud (P) – LSOH Silicone Shroud (3)|
|K-V-H||Locknut, Earth Tag & Nylon (K), Fibre (V) or PTFE (H) IP Washer|
|S||Including Serrated Washer|
|1||Quantity per kit|
|20||Gland shell size|
|M20||M20 x 1.5 Male Entry Thread|
|LOCKNUT||Brass (ACBLN) / Stainless Steel (ACSLN)|
|EARTH TAG||Brass (ACBET) / Stainless Steel (ACSET|
|IP WASHERS||Nylon (ACNSW) / Fibre (ACFSW) / PTFE (ACPSW)|
|SERRATED WASHERS||Stainless Steel (ACSSW)|
|SHROUDS||PVC (ACSPVC) / PCP (ACSPCP) / LSOH Silicone (ACSSIO)|
|IP RATING:||IP66 & IP68 (50 metres – 7 Days), Type 4X|
|OPERATING TEMP:||Neoprene Seals -35°C to +90°C / Silicone Seals -60°C to +180°C|
|MATERIALS:||Brass or Stainless Steel|
CABLE GLAND SELECTION TABLE
(ALL DIMENSIONS IN mm)
• Gland size does not necessarily equate to the entry thread size.
• The IP O-ring seal is only available on metric entry threads. IP washers can be supplied for tapered entry threads.
• Dimensions (A) & (B) may differ for glands with non metric entry threads. Please refer to our “Thread Reference Tables” for specific dimensions.
• Assembly instructions must be read prior to installation and adhered to in full.
• Peppers supply cable glands with parallel entry threads that conform to the flameproof threaded joint requirements of IEC/EN 60079-1 and other equivalent standards. They usually incorporate a thread run out according to the available machining techniques and will not have a full form thread for the entire length. Peppers Cable Glands Limited will not be held responsible for clients’ installations where this has not been taken into account.
• When selecting IP Washer & Shroud material for use with glands, please be aware of the accessories temperature range to ensure they are suitable for the intended installation.
• Where approval in addition to ATEX, IECEx and CSA is required, this must be clearly requested at time of enquiry / order.
Make sure to also check out some of our other posts :