Today we are featuring “AR” Series Peppers Certified Metallic Adaptors and Reducers.
These Peppers products provide a method of matching electrical thread
forms on Ex equipment whilst maintaining Ex d, Ex e, Ex tb and Ex nR methods of explosion
protection. Approved for use in mining (except Aluminum) and surface installations, they
maintain IP66 & IP68 for IEC type applications and Class I Division 1 and NEMA 4X for
CEC / NEC type applications. All external metric threads are fitted with a nitrile O-ring
EN 60079-0, EN 60079-1, EN 60079-7, EN 60079-15, EN 60079-31
IEC 60079-0, IEC 60079-1, IEC 60079-7, IEC 60079-15, IEC 60079-31 & 60529
C22.2 (see certificate), UL514B, UL1203, ANSI/UL 60079-0/1/7, ISA 60079-31, UL 50E
|ATEX||I M2 II 2GD Exd I Mb / Ex d IIC Gb / Exe I Mb / Ex e IIC Gb / Ex tb IIIC Db
II 3G Ex nR IIC Gc
|IECEx||Ex d I Mb / Ex d IIC Gb / Exe I Mb / Ex e IIC Gb / Ex tb IIIC Db /
Ex nR IIC Gc
|CEC – Canada||
Class I Zone 1 Ex d IIC / Ex e IIC / Class II Zone 21 Ex tb IIIC
|NEC – USA||Class I Zone 1 AEx d IIC Gb / AEx e IIC Gb / Class II Zone 21 AEx tb IIIC Db
Class I Division 1, Groups A, B, C & D
Class II Division 1, Groups E, F & G
Class III, Enclosure Type 4X
|EAC||Exd IU / Exd IICU / Exe IU / Exe IIU / ExnR IIU|
|INMETRO – Brazil||Ex d I Mb / Ex d IIC Gb / Exe I Mb / Ex e IIC Gb / Ex tb IIIC Db /
Ex nR IIC Gc
|SAC – China||Ex d IIC / Ex e IIC|
|UKRAINE||Exd IU / Exd IICU / Exe IU / Exe IIU|
|CCoE-India||Ex d IIC Gb / Ex e IIC Gc|
|ABS||Specified ABS Rules|
|LLOYD’S||Enclosure Systems (Part 1B)|
|RMRS||Part XI of Rules for sea-going ships (ed.2014)|
|ATEX||SIRA 09ATEX1322X & SIRA 09ATEX4323X|
|IECEx||IECEx SIR 09.0131X|
|CEC – Canada||CSA 2310046|
|NEC – USA||CSA 2310046|
|INMETRO – Brazil||NCC 13.2189 X|
|SAC – China||NEPSI GYJ16.1404X|
|UKRAINE||UA.TR.047.C.0408-13 & 2937|
|CCoE – India||PESO P365300/9 & P365300/12|
|AR||Thread converting Adaptor/Reducer|
|1||No IP O-ring(0) – Nitrile (1) – Silicone (3)|
|B||Brass (B) – Stainless Steel (S) – Aluminum (A)|
|F||Ex d & Ex e certification including Marine Approvals|
|M20||Male Entry Thread|
|M25||Female Entry Thread|
|(*) IP Washers||(N) Nylon (ACNSW) / (V) Fibre (ACFSW) / (H) PTFE (ACPSW)|
|(T) Earth Tag||Brass (ACBET) / St-Steel (ACSET) / Aluminum (ACAET)|
|(L) Locknut||Brass (ACBLN) / St-Steel (ACSLN) / Aluminum (ACALN)|
|(S) Serrated Washer||Stainless Steel (ACSSW)|
|IP RATING:||IP66 & IP68 (100 metres for 7 days) & NEMA 4X|
|OPERATING TEMPERATURE:||O-ring – None -100°C to +400°C|
|O-ring – Nitrile -30°C to +100°C|
|O-ring – Silicone -60°C to +200°C|
|MATERIALS:||Brass, Stainless Steel or Aluminum|
Male and Female Thread References and Size information can be found on page
40 of this product catalogue. Adaptor and Reducer size information is available on
pages 41 + 42 of our product catalogue. Male and female threads are manufactured
in accordance with:
• ISO Metric threads to ISO 965-1, ISO 965-3, BS3643 and IEC 60423
• NPT and NPS threads are in accordance to ANSI B1.20.1
• PG threads to DIN40430
• ET threads to Imperial Conduit BS31
• ISO Pipe Parallel to ISO 228 and BS2779 (BSPP, G, R, PF & Tpy 6)
• ISO Pipe Taper to ISO 7-1 and BS21 (BSPT, Gc, Gk, Rk, PT & Kmpy 6)
• Assembly instructions must be read prior to installation and adhered to in full.
• For Ex d applications female threads must comply with clause 5.3 of IEC 60079-1.
• For Ex nR applications parallel entry threads must be installed with a suitable
entry thread seal.
• ATEX / IECEx versions are supplied as standard.
• Additional approvals must be requested at time of order.
• Where applicable, the standard O-ring material is nitrile.
Other options are available upon request.
• Aluminum versions are not suitable for Group I Mining applications.